This week, I have compiled a list of great decor tips from my blog readers that I would love to share with you. Please post a comment below telling me which tip is your absolute favorite and why. Of all of the comments, I will choose the most THOUGHTFUL comment and send that person a $10 gift certificate to my online shop at The Odd Sparrow. The author of the tip that receives the most votes will receive a small thank you gift from me. Below are the tips...enjoy!
1. I always had a problem with the suction cups we put on windows to display things. So this year at Christmas I found some really cool Christmas themed shower curtain hooks and the light bulb went on! Now I have all kinds of decorative shower hooks that match the rooms decor hooked onto my curtain rods to hang suncatchers etc. These are not the snap~tight hooks but the ones that are like the letter 'C' that sit over the top. And they look great too!
2. As you know I make bags, even bags you can decorate with! I have a very popular tote called a "porch pouch" and I see them all the time in magazines as decor! Check them out here: mamaspocketbook.com
3. Slip a Potpourri Pillowette or Pillow among your other occasional pillows, when people sit down they will be surrounded by a subtle fragrance. Use a bowl of lemon potpourri in the living room, always smells "just dusted".
PatPatricia Rose - A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
4. My favorite tip~ Use what you love!~S
5. After many years of designing and decorating for people as I have built their dream homes, my best piece of advice it so always stay true to yourself. The best home is one that reflects your personality and style and looks like a lived in and well loved home, not the taste of the designer. "One truly lives in a home that they love." My saying and belief.
6. I have a few but one that links to my site is to find a great vintage piece of furniture with good lines and structurally sound. Give it a face lift with paint, any color to match your decor. And for the shabby chic style, lightly sand the edges to distress when you are done. I have several pieces on my site if you need a photo:http://www.cottageflair.com/catalog.htm?category=7
7. Second, for we shabby chic lovers with boys who really can't have a white denim slipcover ( some dirt just doesn't come out, even with bleach). Throw a pretty patterned quilt over your couch for comfort and style. It won't need to be washed as much and won't show the dirt. I can supply a photo if you would like.
OK...those are your tips this week...Please vote for your favorite by indicating the tip #1-7.
Again...I will draw from among those that vote for a prize, and whoever gets the most votes among the tips will receive a thank you gift from me.
Thanks for playing Wacky Wednesday!