Monday, April 20, 2009

NEWS...NEWS...NEWS...

Our first bit of news is for those who participated in Wacky Wednesday last week. The random number generator at random.org chose #3...Georgia Mallory! Georgia, I will email you with details.

And in other news...(I have always wanted to say that!)...there are lots and lots of great things going on these days at The Odd Sparrow. One great way to stay in touch with that news is to follow me on Twitter or on Facebook . I know some may be skeptical about these social networking sites, but I promise you that if you make yourself an account on each one, you will soon find that it is a great way to keep in touch. In each instance, YOU decide who sees the information you post...no one else. So, if you want to follow me on Twitter, I am @TheOddSparrow and on Facebook, as I continue to work on my site there, I am The Odd Sparrow...become a fan!

Now that you know WHERE to find the latest news, besides my blog, you need to know what some of that news is. Well first, on these sites we will be exploring your decor issues, particularly for those who are decorating in country, cottage, or even prim style. Feel free to ask questions and post issues and we will try to get them resolved. Thus far we have tackled issues regarding window treatments, floor coverings, and even bookshelf refinishing. What will be next? Visit us to find out!

More news...well, The Odd Sparrow is hosting Wacky Wednesday again this week. This time we will have a special giveaway...so be sure to visit THIS WEDNESDAY!!!

The Odd Sparrow is still considering a physical location. Please pray that I will have wisdom regarding this. I am also considering some special product offerings, so please keep that in mind as well.

Ok...that is the latest news from here. Remember that my whole purpose at The Odd Sparrow is to BLESS you with unique items for your home and gift giving needs and to BLESS you with the knowledge that YOU are as important as the odd sparrow in God's eyes. Have a blessed day and I"ll see you on Wednesday!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girlfriend! :-)

Obviously the "Odd Sparrow" has to tweet on Twitter..

Susan
www.thedutchrose.blogspot.com

Marie said...

HI,
Thanks for the info and links to twitter and facebook. I may give it a try. Wacky Wednesday, that's very catchy. Will check it out
Marie

gail said...

Hi Carolyn,, Thanks for all of the twitter help. I am still hanging in there. LOL I sure wish you luck and happiness and a new B&M shop. Keep us posted. I hope you have a happy, creative and productive week.. (()) gail

Shabby in Pink Boutique said...

Thank You for the wonderful info, I was wondering about all that. Hope you have a wonderful day!
Pink Hugs,
Stephanie

Lisa McDonald said...

Carolyn

I wish you nothing but the best in making your dream come true of having another B&M.

I'm getting the hang of twitter and love it. It's addicting.

Congrats Georgia!

Lisa
www.palepinkandroses.com
www.palepinkandroses.typepad.com

Carolee Crafts said...

I am now following you on Facebook, love these sites

Shabby Shan said...

I can't wait to check out Wacky Wednesday! It sounds like fun! Have a nice week.

Shannon
www.shabbyshanscottage.com

Unknown said...

Hi Carolyn!

I also wish you all the best with a B & M. You can do it pinkie! Thanks for the info regarding Twitter. I am a big fan of Twitter and enjoy it immensely.
Have a great week!
xoxo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Carolyn,

You are one busy lady! I wish you well with your B&M endeavor. I am hanging in there with Twitter, Facebook is another story. lol
Carrie

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Hey dw,
I haven't managed to get to Twitter yet. Thanks for all the info though. My poor dw head is about to explode from having to learn so much!
Have a fun week!
bunny hugs,
shell

Kimberly said...

I look forward to seeing you on facebook!

Patricia said...

You are quickly becoming the Big Twit on Twitter! Your info is making this a doable endeavor, thanks. Will definitely try to get over on Wednesday. You are always in my prayers, sweet friend. You'll know what to do when the time comes.
Pat
Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

Grandma G said...

Woo Hoo!! Thanks Carolyn!! I love that I won your first Wacky Wednesday!! Fun!!

Hugs!
Georgia
Grandma G's

www.grandmagscottage.com
http://grandmags.blogspot.com

Scented Pinecone Sachets

Scented Pinecone Sachets
Hand-dipped