Thursday was the grand opening of our newest dollar store. Being the cheapskate that I am, and being in the mood for fall, I decided to embark on a creative project which I wasn't convinced would be...shall we say...passable. After all, the ingredients for my project were from...well...the cheapest place around! Undaunted by the underwhelming price of my components, I threw myself into a project to create a front door wreath.
I started with a wreath base and four fall leaf garlands. One by one I tucked the end of the garland into the wreath and wrapped it around the wreath til i got to the other end, tucking that into the wreath base as well. I took two picks with little gourds and pumpkins on them, and tucked those into the base, then made a bow with the 3 feet of wired fall ribbon that I had just purchased at Dollar Tree. At this point I needed to snip off a little piece of floral wire to tie the ribbon onto the wreath. Unfortunately, in my short-sightedness, I did not take pictures of the process. After all, I thought this whole idea could potentially be a big flop! To my delight, the wreath turned out great and I promptly displayed it on my front door. My cost: $8. The whole thing took about 15 minutes (and would have taken less time except that I couldn't find the floral wire!) Can't beat that with a stick!