Thursday, June 12, 2008

Inka's & Pat's submissions for the contest

Pat submitted these lovely little pomanders for our contest. Here is what she says:

this is a picture of pomanders I make by grinding up the leftover citrus skins we generate in the house. They smell heavenly--citrus, clove, cinammon and nutmug.


These are Inka's submissions...her explanation is below:







Here are a couple of recycled items that I use for my art work. Old dishes used for bird feeders and old cabinet doors that were to be discarded after a kitchen remodel! I love to do my mosaics on them and if you check out my website you will see lots more of them...and more to come each week for Pink Friday!!!

2 comments:

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Hi Carolyn,
Inka and Pat are both so talented. I am working on my repurposed item, and will submit by the deadline. I am so behind, but I wanted to get in on this challenge. What a great way to cause us to think, lol. My thinking cap makes my head sweat, lol.
Theresa @ Cottage Violets

Susie said...

Very interesting repurposing! Like you said, we must have many things around us for repurposing and we do!
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

Scented Pinecone Sachets

Scented Pinecone Sachets
Hand-dipped