Monday, March 14, 2011

Flowers in Paris



Birds bring us the first inkings that spring is returning. But the second indication is the Philadelphia Flower Show! It was apparently Springtime in Paris last week and I was blessed to be there for the event! Oh...not the REAL Paris, of course. I was in Philadelphia for the Flower Show, whose theme was none other than Springtime in Paris.

Jaw dropping displays captured our imaginations from the moment we stepped onto the floor of the show. The entryway was graced by an arch replicating the famouse landmark, the Eiffel Tower.




The amazing floral displays were beyond my ability to share in just photos and words. It was an incomparable experience to be surrounded by such creativity and beauty. Everything from butterflies and peacocks to...

...French market scenes to...
...french inspired parlours to...advertisements! I want to share with you a little humor and a bit of fun. Below you will see an advertisement for Smith and Hawken patio and lawn furniture. This may seem a strange thing to photograph. But the eye is deceiving. I actually took this picture to demonstrate the creativity of the vendors at the show. This photo is of a WALL! Yes, the patio furniture you see here is actually attached to the wall. Amazing!

The vendor in the picture above, right, speaks for their creativity with the name of their company. I couldn't help but laugh a little, displaying my own warped sense of humor.

And though I have more photos of the show, I must not only pick and choose what to share for the sake of space, but many did not turn out well. I forgot to bring my camera and had to use my Razor phone. So, though I do apologize for the quality of the photos, I also am so happy to have some memories to share with you. And lesson learned: REMEMBER CAMERA next time!

To celebrate this year's Philly Flower Show, please head on over to my website at The Odd Sparrow where we are featuring a special price on my Springtime in Paris
painting as well as our Tuesday Treasures specials. Happy Spring to you!

1 comment:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

wow you took those with a razor? pretty good ! It is amazing what people can come up with ... thanks for sharing (())

Scented Pinecone Sachets

Scented Pinecone Sachets
Hand-dipped